The Food and Beverage industries strive to supply food to new markets quickly and inexpensively, convert to more efficient packaging techniques (e.g., single serve packets), demonstrate to consumers that their products are superior to those of their competitors, find new ways to transform ordinary foods into value-added (e.g., organic), or convenience products.
Taste, smell, appearance, and other sensory triggers are all critical aspects affecting the success of a food product. Additional key factors a producer considers include shelf-life, stability, marketability, and obviously, costs.
Food & Beverage Industry Services
- On-site review of flow, segregation problems
- Food powder characterization
- Silo and feeder design for finished goods, ingredients
- Pneumatic conveying testing of food powders
- Anti-segregation equipment supply
- Mixing/blending testing to evaluate blenders
Whether you are feeding sticky food ingredients into a mixer, conveying powders from a storage silo to a weigh bin, or high-speed packaging of a dry powder beverage or baked goods, Jenike & Johanson can help you achieve reliable material flow and maintain food quality.