The pet food market is changing as pet owners desire quality ingredients, safe products, and functional foods to keep their pets healthy and happy. To meet this need, recipes are changing. Recipes often include everything from peas, chickpeas and lentils to corn, wheat, rice, and soybeans, and sometimes with added vitamins. While some of these ingredients are free flowing, others can be sticky. Also, material flow is not the only challenge – keeping the ingredients together in and of itself is also challenge. The way the bulk material is handled through the plant affects quality of the final product – achieving a uniform blend is critical to produce on-spec products.
Pet Food Industry Services
- On-site review of flow, segregation problems
- Peet food powder characterization
- Silo and feeder design for finished goods, ingredients
- Pneumatic conveying testing of powders
- Anti-segregation equipment supply
- Mixing/blending testing to evaluate blenders
Whether you are feeding multiple ingredients into a mixer, conveying powders from a storage silo to a weigh bin, or packing food with various particle sizes and densities, Jenike & Johanson can help you achieve reliable material flow and maintain pet food quality.