The Plastics industry provides important engineering materials for a myriad of applications, including consumer products (e.g., cellular phones, televisions, electronics), packaging, automotive (e.g., body panels, dashboards, lenses), and foods (e.g., films, containers).
Reliable material handling is vital in the Plastics industry to achieve typical manufacturing practices of six sigma operation, process automation, lean production, efficiency optimization, and debottlenecking. These goals can be upset by poor plastics solids flow behavior and lack of proper material handling equipment design and process development.
Plastics Industry Services
- On-site assessment of plastics flow problems
- Flow testing of powder, pellets, granules
- Silo, feeder design for raw, extruded solids
- Pneumatic conveying troubleshooting, testing
- Purge column engineering
- Structural engineering of pressure vessels, inserts
- Supply of J-Purge™ column and/or internals
Whether you are handling a new resin with sticky properties, feeding compounded plastics to an extruder or pelletizer, or driving off volatiles in a purge vessel, Jenike & Johanson can help you achieve reliable material flow and increased throughputs.