The Environmental industry encompasses many bulk material handling applications including radioactive waste, soil remediation, municipal sludge, hazardous waste removal, post-consumer product recycling (e.g., glass, plastic, paper, cardboard), and nuclear waste vitrification (glass encasement).
Environmental applications often involve regulatory agencies (e.g., US Environmental Protection Agency, US Department of Energy), waste collection services, municipal processing facilities, and research/development groups that focus on testing of new technologies for collecting, receiving, processing, and recycling of a waste stream.
Environmental Industry Services
- On-site assessment of material flow issues
- On-site material testing of toxic, hazardous waste
- Silo and feeder design for waste products
- Pneumatic conveying tests of powders, pellets
- Belt-to-belt transfer transfer chute design
- Modeling of new solids handling technology
Whether you need to safely retrieve calcined nuclear waste (raffinate) from sealed concrete storage bins, add chemicals or water to contaminated soils for treatment at a hazardous site, or perform sludge processing such as dewatering, drying, or pelletizing, Jenike & Johanson can help you meet your Environmental industry needs.