- This event has passed.
- Copied to clipboard!
- Share this post on Twitter
- Share this post on Facebook
- Share this post via Email
- Share this post via Linkedin
Achieving reliable powder and bulk solids flow can be tricky in some cases, whether you are dealing with chemicals, plastics, pharmaceuticals, foods, or metals. In general, engineers are not taught the fundamentals of bulk material flow, storage, and transport in their undergraduate schooling, and as a result, often rely upon fluid flow principles for engineering guidance. This webinar will provide an introduction to basic concepts of flow problems and silo/bin/hopper flow patterns, which can be key to flow reliability or failure! This webinar will also highlight material characterization, which is a vital step in understanding what can be the cause of issues, as well as how you can approach a solution. This session will discuss:
- Cover bulk solids flow problems in silos, bins, and hoppers
- Understand results of flow problems
- Review flow patterns and different hopper designs
- Learn about ways to characterize flow properties
- June 2, 2020 | 11:00 am - 12:00 pm