A site visit by one of our engineers is a valuable component of an engineered bulk material handling solution. Collection of accurate information is vital for a thorough root cause investigation into your needs such as: poor material flow, segregation, product or process non-uniformities, and equipment failures.
Our projects start with a review of your unique material, powder, or bulk solids storage, processing, and engineering needs. Jenike & Johanson engineers routinely conduct site visits to manufacturing plants, mines, and R&D facilities around the world with short notice. We have the required skills and experience to efficiently collect vital project information, work safely in your facility, and effectively communicate our immediate findings to you and your team.
Remote Site Visit Support
Jenike & Johanson is able to provide telepresence support via a Realwear HMT device. This device allows us to remotely help diagnose and identify problems without a Jenike & Johanson engineer having to travel to your location. The HMT has a camera and microphone so that while you wear it our engineers are able to see what you see and direct you to locate the suspected source of your bulk handling issues. The device also includes a Heads Up Display (HUD) so that your remote engineer can bring up documents in real time to assist in any troubleshooting. The platform allows for a full day of operation before recharging the batteries. The HMT will fit under a hard hat, hearing protection, and the HUD works through any standard safety glasses. The device uses a modem with local cellular networks, so no access to your company’s WIFI is needed.
Please contact your Jenike & Johanson engineer to find out how to get a virtual site visit from us!
Site Visit Services
To meet your needs, our engineers provide the following key bulk material services on-site:
- Troubleshooting: review of poor flow and powder segregation problems, collection of critical process information, and discussion of project scope
- Process audit: engineering review of bulk material handling system operation focusing on reliability, efficiency, safety, and product quality
- Structural inspection: structural review of steel or concrete storage vessels and its vital supports to identify any critical structural issues
- Training: delivery of customized courses on theory and practice of effective bulk material handling and pneumatic conveying principles
Our time on-site is as needed to meet your project needs.
Site Visit Report
After the site visit, a report is delivered with:
- a summary of the solids flow problems that were observed and discussed
- an explanation of what may be the cause of the material handling problems
- a description of possible solutions
- an outline of the next steps required to develop recommendations
- an estimate of fees and timing to perform these tasks
After the Site Visit
What are your most important bulk material needs?
- measure material flow properties or characterize particles?
- modify a silo, bin, or hopper to solve bulk solids flow or segregation problems?
- implement a new transfer chute to prevent material plugging or abrasive wear?
- develop and test a unique powder or bulk solids material handling process?
Jenike & Johanson is prepared to help you. Explore our project approach which highlights our expansive bulk material testing and engineering expertise.