One Day @ J&J Overview
At Jenike & Johanson, we believe that education and sharing of knowledge are important assets to project management and longterm success.
Proper training of personnel involved in solids handling and processing is essential to operating an efficient and reliable bulk solids handling system. Since the theory of bulk solids handling is seldom a part of formal engineering training, many in industry lack an understanding of why solids handling problems occur and what practical steps can be taken to diagnose, alleviate, or prevent them.
This full-day seminar at one of our facilities will provide solid insights into common flow problems that can arise when powders and bulk solids are put into silos, bins, and hoppers. Ways to characterize a material’s flow properties will also be demonstrated in our laboratory, along with a discussion of proven, practical, and cost effective design solutions.
This course will provide:
- Valuable insights into critical flow problems that can arise when powders and bulk solids are handled in transfer chutes, silos, bins, and hoppers and their effect on reliability
- Hands-on demonstrations of material flow
- Solid understanding of material flow properties
- Engaging discussions of proven, practical, and cost-effective design solutions and safe handling practices
Who should attend:
- Design, project, and research engineers and scientists
- Plant operation personnel responsible for solving and preventing flow problems
- Plant operation personnel in charge of purchasing handling equipment
- Personnel interested in learning more about bulk solids testing
- Introduction to bulk solids handling and material testing
- Material handling
- Silo and feeder design
- Material testing
- Laboratory tour and tester demonstrations
- Open discussion opportunities with Jenike & Johanson engineers
- Social hour and networking with peers and Jenike & Johanson engineers
- Lunch, snacks and refreshments throughout the day
Join us for a fun and interactive learning experience that will enhance your understanding and handling of bulk solids and increase effectivity and productivity of your projects!
Check our calendar for the next One Day @ J&J!
Meet Us at Bulk Material Engineering Events
Find out when and where we’ll be presenting our latest findings and trainings.