We have an immediate opening for an EHS Assistant (intern; 3-6 month position).
You will work directly with Jenike & Johanson’s VP/Director of EHS, along with our EHS teams and outside consultants. Support general EHS activities related to the implementation, maintenance/improvement, and monitoring of our EHS systems. Support job specific reviews and inspections. Example Tasks include:
- Develop policies and procedures to improve safety performance and compliance
- Perform Job Safety Reviews for each new project we have
- Assist with EHS training; develop and deliver content
- Assist with SDS management
- Assist with incident investigations and implementation of preventative actions
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree Program in Safety Sciences. Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, rules and standards applicable (such as OSHA and CalOSHA) to Jenike & Johanson, is a plus. Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in both individual and team settings with minimal supervision. We are looking for someone who can overcome challenges through problem-solving, communication, decision-making, and determination. Experience with Microsoft Office is required.
To apply for this position, please send email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com.