About the role
The primary purpose of a Jenike research and development (R&D) project engineer is to effectively execute on a wide range of engineering assignments to ensure our clients’ needs are satisfied and they’re thrilled with the results. A Jenike R&D engineer is required to:
- Execute design, analysis, and validation of new DEM technology and systems with a wide variety of material properties.
- Define requirements and execute design and analysis tasks using proprietary and commercial DEM solvers, and other analysis systems to predict the bulk solids handling response of mechanical components and systems.
- Participate in the definition and execution of experiments to validate analytical results.
- Work with other support functions and/or external suppliers to meet project deliverables.
- Prepare and participate in project and technical reviews. Deliver presentations, reports, and publications to engineering staff, J&J businesses and/or external agencies.
- Provide expertise to help resolve technical challenges across the organization.
- Live the corporate values of ownership, excellence, passion, innovation, collaboration, and integrity.
Benefits and perks
This is a rare opportunity for an early career engineer to join one of the world’s great science-based consultancies. We are offering the following benefits:
- Opportunity to grow into world-class expert in bulk material handling;
- Small team environment;
- Teaching and application ecosystem;
- Periodic off-site travel to meet with clients;
- Comprehensive training plan and growth pathway to senior roles;
- A benefits package, including generous paid time off (PTO) and holidays, profit sharing, extended health care (prescriptions, dental), LTD, critical illness and life insurance coverage.
- Major medical insurance 100% paid by Jenike.
Only those who meet all selection criteria below will be considered for this important role.
- ACHIEVEMENT of an accredited four-year degree in mechanical, chemical, or civil engineering with a solid foundation in DEM and CFD – an advanced degree is not required but is preferred;
- PASSION for building a long-term career in bulk material handling science;
- PROBLEM-SOLVING skills and sound analytical capabilities;
- PROJECT EXECUTION in a timely and accurate manner to meet deadlines;
- TEAM PLAYER performance within a multi-disciplinary, global group;
- LEARNER with an energetic curiosity;
- DILIGENCE and demonstration of ability to “go the extra mile;” and,
- EXPERIENCE in professional engineering employment of at least two years (time during internship not included).
If you feel that you are a strong candidate and can demonstrate that you would be a “good fit” for this position in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts, USA, please email your resume and cover letter to “Recruiting” at firstname.lastname@example.org .