Key changes include co-firing biomass with coal, installing air pollution control (APC) and flue gas desulfurization (FGD) systems, or switching to low-sulfur (e.g., PRB) or waste coals (e.g., gob, culm). Whether feeding a pulverized coal combustor (PCC), a circulating fluidized bed (CFB), or stoker boiler, reliable handling of fuels and their waste streams is critical to energy and power plant operations.
Energy & Power Industry Services
- On-site review of flow problems
- Fuel, ash, and reagent flow testing
- Silo, hopper, feeder, standpipe design
- Pneumatic conveying testing of ash
- Bunker structural engineering
- Coal stockpile design (gravity-reclaim)
- Crusher and mill/boiler chute design
- Railcar unloading hopper design
Whether you are reclaiming fuel from a stockpile, feeding biomass for co-firing with a fossil fuel, or conveying waste streams to storage silos, Jenike & Johanson can help you achieve reliable material flow and powder transport at your Energy and Power facilities.