About the business
Jenike & Johanson (Jenike) is recognized as the world’s leading authority for reliable and efficient bulk solids handling and processing. We have an international clientele that includes many Fortune 100 companies from industries including: chemicals, cement, mining, minerals, foods, power/energy, plastics, and pharmaceuticals.
Such diversification provides for an interesting and rewarding career, developing unique, cost-effective solutions to a wide range of engineering challenges in the world. Our company is 100% employee owned, with all employees having the opportunity to participate in an excellent benefits package (benefits may vary by location).
About the role
The primary purpose of a Jenike project engineer is to effectively execute on a wide range of engineering assignments to ensure our clients’ needs are satisfied and they’re thrilled with the results. A Jenike project engineer is required to:
- Execute efficiently on bulk material handling consulting projects;
- Identify and develop project scope and proposal for award of project;
- Communicate (written and oral) effectively with all staff, clients, and suppliers;
- Rapidly learn, apply, and retain vital bulk solids handling knowledge and practices;
- Propagate a Total Safety and Team Support culture;
- Live the corporate values of ownership, excellence, passion, innovation, collaboration, and integrity;
- Participate in other duties, as directed.
Benefits and perks
This is a rare opportunity for an early career engineer to join one of the world’s great science-based consultancies. We are offering the following benefits:
- Opportunity to grow into a world-class expert in bulk material handling;
- Small team environment;
- Teaching and application ecosystem;
- Periodic off-site travel to meet with clients;
- Comprehensive training plan and growth pathway to senior roles;
- A benefits package, including generous paid time off (PTO) and holidays, profit sharing, extended health care (prescriptions, dental), LTD, critical illness and life insurance coverage.
- Major medical insurance 100% paid by Jenike.
Only those who meet all selection criteria below will be considered for this important role.
- ACHIEVEMENT of an accredited four-year degree in mechanical, chemical, or civil engineering – an advanced degree is not required, but is preferred;
- PASSION for building a long-term career in bulk material handling science;
- PROBLEM-SOLVING skills and sound analytical capabilities;
- PROJECT EXECUTION in a timely and accurate manner to meet deadlines;
- TEAM PLAYER performance within a multi-disciplinary, global group;
- LEARNER with an energetic curiosity;
- DILIGENCE and demonstration of ability to “go the extra mile;” and,
- EXPERIENCE in professional engineering employment of at least two years (time during internship not included).
If you feel that you are a strong candidate and can demonstrate that you would be a “good fit” for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to “Recruiting department” at firstname.lastname@example.org.