This is a common question we are asked by clients with bulk solids flow problems in their plant. Typical problems might be:
- Segregation and blending issues resulting in product reject
- Material bridging/arching and ratholing in a bin causing a no-flow or erratic flow
- Transfer chutes plugging or experiencing excessive wear
- Caking of powders causing customer complaints
- Higher throughput is required in the plant, but the pneumatic conveying line, feeder, transfer system…insert any other part of your plant here…can’t keep up
In order to make a change, it is critical to determine the root cause of the problem(s) and determine the correct path forward to avoid the costly trial and error approach. Sometimes the solution may be a simple change that can be completed using maintenance or operations budget. Other times, the change may require capital budget.
Many capital budgets are getting approved for 2018. Now is the time to have us come on-site and engineer a solution for you so you know if you need to get the project in the upcoming budget cycle – or if you have the funds to fix it now with existing budget.
No one likes to deal with flow issues – not only are they a headache, but they often result in loss profit. So let us provide a remedy to your flow problem to see how you can move forward with your project.