We are seeking a candidate who will lead our HSE program. This is a full-time position based in Tyngsboro, MA.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work with senior management to set HSE goals and resources, and ensure compliance.
- Participate in job safety pre-planning and subsequent monitoring.
- Interface with our clients when we, or they, need additional safety programs or job hazard information.
- Support ongoing efforts to engage all employees regarding safe working habits.
- Review, revise and update all safety policies and manuals.
- Develop, schedule and conduct employee safety training.
- Perform periodic audits of safety practices and equipment.
- Provide regulatory awareness and interpretation.
- Assist with HSE efforts in all offices, including regulatory compliance within the US (OSHA and CalOSHA) other countries (Australia, Canada, Chile, Brazil).
- Lead regular Safety Committee (cross office/cross functional) meetings.
- Perform incident/accident investigations, root cause analysis, determination of corrective actions, and ensure recommended corrective actions/preventative measures are completed in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/abilities:
- BS degree or higher in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, or related degree
- 3 -7 years experience with implementing and sustaining HSE initiatives.
- Quantitative thinking – Ability to set, compile and analyze key HSE metrics/KPIs
- Communication skills – Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Regular interface with engineers and laboratory personnel.
- SDS knowledge – Familiarity with working with hazardous materials, especially in powdered/granular form, is beneficial. Materials we work with range from harmless food products (e.g., flour, sugar) to hazardous powdered chemicals. The majority of tested materials present moderate to low level hazards. Example materials being handled with hazard concerns include: powdered aluminum, uranium ore, lead & arsenic contaminated dusts, flammable powders, oxidizers, acidic/basic powders, newly developed pharmaceutical compounds, ammonium nitrate.
- Respirator use – For some hazardous materials, respirator use is required. You must be physically able to wear a respirator. Familiarity with respiratory protection programs, including dust monitoring, is a plus.
- Familiarity with working at heights and fall protection.
- Ability to develop and implement appropriate engineering controls to provide a safe work environment.
- General – Demonstrates traits consistent with the company culture drive and perseverance in accomplishing goals; sense of responsibility and integrity; effectiveness as a team member; adaptability to new projects; planning and organizational skills; resourcefulness; determination and motivation to accept and complete tasks; and enthusiasm for our business and our work.
Occasional domestic and international travel will be required as needed.
Nice to haves:
- Licensing such as CSP or CIH
- Basic mechanical abilities to envision design improvements to equipment; read mechanical drawings
- HAZWOPER certification
- Ability to use and interpret NFPA codes, e.g. for combustible dusts.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
To apply for this position, please send email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com